Opera theater-High castle-Rynok square
Arrival to Lviv, meeting with national tastings, transfer to the hotel.
Bus tour “Wonder Bus” (1,5 h)
A big sightseeing tour around the city centre, the route of which you wouldn’t pass on foot. Unique and rare places, which can’t be seen during other excursion: High castle, Opera House, Lychakiv cemetery, Lviv national university, St. George cathedral, St. Elizabeth church.
Lunch in the restaurant “House of legends”
A restaurant in your imagination only. It is a building of a chimney sweeper and his family where Lviv legends live. The chimney sweeper and his family members collect books about Lviv in their library, protect Lviv lions, watch the water level of the Poltva river and tally if someone has not stolen some old Austrian cobblestone. It is the place where Lviv time is officially protected: the clock hand must not run slow and the clock must keep perfect Lviv time. There is a necessity to clean some chimneys from time to time, so the chimney sweeper takes his car, parked on the rooftop, and passes easily Lviv traffic jams. At night, when the family falls asleep, Lviv smog protects Lviv legends from St. George Hill.
“Between sky and earth” (3 h)
We will go the unusual route which runs between heaven and ground, between the roofs and catacombs – we will see this familiar and the unknown Lviv at the same time. All that you will not hear during usual sightseeing tour – legends, lost facts and unusual stories.
Dinner in a Beer theatre “Pravda” with Pravda live brass orchestra.
The restaurant is a place where the best world brewers are crafting unique brand of beers, bringing to Lviv their technology and skills. A unique Lviv beer brand is starting history here.
Evening city tour “Lviv night guard” (2 h).
If you cannot fall asleep in Lviv at night, look out of the window and you’ll see people with lanterns. Please don’t be afraid, they are the assistance of the City Mayor… They take care of your sleep…Unexpected meetings, scary legends, ghosts, secret rituals, mysterious and dark streets, fire show against the magnificent Lviv buildings — everything awaits you during the Lviv night tour! If you are not afraid of being an assistant to Mr. Schlussel and his wife Mrs. Zosia — please join us! If you do a good job, you will be included in the Lviv Night Guard Patrol.
Breakfast in the hotel.
Lviv gourmet quest with lunch (4 hours). The idea of a quest is to find and make a map of the route, performing the tasks at each point on the route. During the quest, the participants will have tastings in the most interesting Lviv restaurants.
• LVIV COFFEE MINING MANUFACTURE. Lviv coffee is born here. It is the only coffee mining where it is extracting underground of Rynok square in front of the visitor’s eyes.
POST OFFICE ON DRUKARSKA STREET The last functioning analogue post office in Lviv. Sms and e-mail have to transform into pasta restaurant in the modern world. The biggest collection of Lviv postcards is displayed here as one of the ways to record the city history.
• PUB-MUSEUM “GAS LAMP” Lviv brought to the world a gas lamp that later on became famous as “Viennese”. Jan Zech and Ignacy Lukasiewicz, the local pharmacists, invented it in 1853. The pub holds one of the biggest collections of gas lamps in Europe. This atmosphere of a real Lviv pub is added by explosions, flashes, smell of gas and rock music. A guide with a lit lantern will lead you up to the restaurant.
• ” THE MOST EXPENSIVE GALICIAN RESTAURANT The world of esoteric; sometimes called masons.
• “KRYJIVKA” Somewhere at Rynok Square. The most visited restaurant in Europe, 1 000 000 visitors per year. It is the last hiding place of Ukrainian Insurgent Army left from the times of the World War II. Its motto is “The Fight Continues”.
• “AT THE GOLDEN ROSE” GALICIAN JEWISH RESTAURANT Galician and Jewish restaurant is located in Lviv historic Jewish quarter near the ruins of the “Golden Rose” synagogue. Visitors are met with Jewish customs here. The menu is without prices and the cost of the dishes depends on customer’s skills to bargain.
The winner will be determined according to the number of scored points.
All participants in the quest receive gifts: coffee, chocolates, candies, gift sets, magnets, postcards.
Dinner in the restaurant “The first Lviv grill restaurant of meat and justice”. The restaurant also has unique history. An executioner was, in fact, the first municipal employee in Lviv. He was a public and peculiar personality. If the executioner died, the next person to be executed was spared. He had several duties aside executions and tortures: garbage removal, and protection of city prostitutes. When a constitutional state arrived, the executioner had to look for another job and opened his own meat restaurant because who better knows more about meat than a meat expert?
Accommodation in hotels 3-5*/BB
Audio guide on bus tour, live guide for other tours
2 lunches and 2 dinners
All tastings according to the program
Conference service in ”Fest republic” conference hall